What are serums?
”Serums are skin care products with a high concentration of active ingredients such as antioxidants, acids, and vitamins. A serum can really help your skin in the long term to boost collagen and optimal hydration levels. They are lighter in texture than creams as they are comprised of smaller molecules, so they are able to deliver additional nutrients to the deeper layers of the skin”, Holly Grenfell explains.
What are the benefits of using a serum?
”Serums are formulated to target specific concerns that lay below the epidermis such as pigmentation, age spots and deeper wrinkles. This product is an essential part of an anti-aging skin care program and there’re excellent clinical studies to prove their effectiveness.”
Can I use a serum to replace my day and night cream?
”No, moisturizers are formulated to keep the skin hydrated by putting a protective barrier between it and outside factors. Serums are formulated to penetrate deeply into the skin to deliver key ingredients.”
”Day and night creams as well as serums have a different role to accomplish and by excluding one of them, you are depriving your skin of the important benefits they bring. Here are some quick facts to help you distinguish between the three:
• Serum: Has a lightweight texture that seamlessly absorbs into the skin, providing it with active ingredients. Serum boosts the performance of a day cream, but does not replace it.
• Day cream: Deeply moisturizes and protects your skin during the day. Formulated with UV factors that provides a protective shield from aging inducing sun radiation.
• Night cream: A moisturiser designed especially for the nighttime. The serum is not enough for your skin, it needs a night cream to bring some extra nourishment that quickly regenerates and renews itself in the night.”
How should I use a serum?
”Apply serum on freshly cleansed face and massage it into the face and neck. One drop is enough as the formula is very concentrated and spreads easily on the skin. The serum absorbs very quickly so your skin is ready to take on a day or night cream depending on time of the day.”
5 serums we recommend you to try out
• Novage+ Wrinkle Smooth Serum
• Waunt Go Glow Hydro Boost Serum
• Optimals Hydra Radiance Serum
• Novage+ Blemish + Age Defy Serum
• Optimals Urban Guard 3D Essence Serum